Everyone in the Workforce Has a Role in Substance Use Prevention
Nearly 1 in every 10 people in the U.S. workforce had a substance use disorder in the last 12 months. That means you can play a key part in guiding coworkers to find help and supporting those in recovery.
- Keep your prescriptions secure
- Only take medication that’s prescribed for you
- Help reduce stigma
- Support people who are in treatment and recovery
Access free resources that you can use to educate your community and raise awareness.
Make Sure Employees Know Where to Find Help
Provide Information that employees can use to find help if they need it.
Get Updates from DrugFreeCT.org
Get updates on new toolkids, materials, events, and more.
The Risks of Substance Use Affects Every Workplace
Substance use is a serious public health issue. It’s common among employees across all business sectors.
- 9% of working adults in the U.S. have a substance use disorder
- 75% of adults with substance use disorders are in the U.S. workforce
1. National Safety Council, 2020
2. Goplerud E, Hodge S, Benham T. A Substance Use Cost Calculator for US Employers With an Emphasis on Prescription Pain Medication Misuse. J Occup Environ Med. 2017;59(11):1063-1071. doi:10.1097/JOM.0000000000001157
Change the Script PSA
Watch and share this video to raise awareness for prevention best practices.
Order pamphlets, posters, flyers, medication disposal pouches, and more.
Download customizable social media graphics, flyers, billboards, videos, and other materials.
Schedule the Change the Script van to appear at a community event, business, or school.
Evidence-Based Resources from Trusted Sources
In addition to the Change the Script toolkit materials, use these trusted sources to find more information on prevention and recovery.