Do Your Part to Prevent Opioid Misuse
Whether you are a parent, family member to a person in recovery, or a concerned resident of our state, you can take action to reduce the impact of substance use and decrease the risks of overdose.
- Keep your prescriptions secure
- Only take medication that's prescribed to you
- Help reduce stigma
- Support people who are in treatment and recovery
Access free resources that you can use to educate your community and raise awareness.
Get Updates from DrugFreeCT.org
Get updates on new toolkids, materials, events, and more.
The Risks of Substance Use Affects Everyone
Substance use is a serious public health issue. You can get involved to help keep your family and community safe.
- 9.5 MILLION people aged 12+ misused opioids in the past year
- 17 MILLION adults aged 18+ had both mental illness and substance use disorders in thepast year
- 40.3 MILLION people aged 12+ had substance use disorders in the past year
- 59.3 MILLION people aged 12+ used illicit drugs in the past year
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (2021). Key substance use and mental health indicators in the United States: Results from the 2020 National Survey on Drug Use and Health (HHS Publication No. PEP21-07-01-003, NSDUH Series H-56). Rockville, MD: Center for Behavioral Health Statistics and Quality, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. Retrieved from https://www.samhsa.gov/data/
Where to Find Help
Provide Information that employees can use to find help if they need it.
Change the Script PSA
Watch and share this video to raise awareness for prevention best practices.
Evidence-Based Resources from Trusted Sources
In addition to the Change the Script toolkit materials, use these trusted sources to find more information on prevention and recovery.
Order pamphlets, posters, flyers, medication disposal pouches, and more.
Download customizable social media graphics, flyers, billboards, videos, and other materials.
Schedule the Change the Script van to appear at a community event, business, or school.